Be Fruitful and Multiply is an exploration of the gay conservative alt-right movement. The heteronormative policies incited by the conservative party seem to directly contradict the LGBTQ community, but still, a gay following is growing. This series questions the ideologies of the party, tries to understand where the shift to right winged politics began, and examines what is gained or lost through this affiliation.
Lucian Wintrich's photography series, Twinks4Trump, is the foundation from which I created these pieces. Through color, materiality, and layering I dissect the complexities of sexuality and politics.
Six 12x18" archival inkjet prints, latex paint, glitter.
.Boy 1 (Some kind of gay Judas)
2. Boy 2 (It's the men who need the help, and we're going to give it to them)
3. Boy 3 (A cult of the healthy, white male body)
4. Boy 4 (Be fruitful & multiply)
5. Boy 5 (Gay and fascist agendas overlap)
6. Boy 6 (Obviously, the most pro-gay candidate)